The Sandra J. Wing Healing Therapies Foundation provides $500 grants for complementary healing therapies while a patient is undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation treatment for cancer or shortly after completing treatment. Funds are paid directly to service providers, for the following five therapies: acupuncture, acupressure, therapeutic massage, guided/visual imagery, and deep breathing meditation.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Reside in Alameda County or Contra Costa County, California.
- Not have medical insurance that covers the five therapies listed above.
- Have a cancer diagnosis.
- Be receiving conventional cancer treatment under the care of a physician.
- Be undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation treatment for cancer at the time of application or within the past 18 months.
- Provide a headshot photo.
- Submit the ONLINE APPLICATION, obtain a physician’s signature, and return the completed application to the foundation.
The application form requires that the patient’s physician sign the document. While obtaining the physician’s signature, it is recommended that the patient discuss the therapy he/she is considering and ask any questions he/she may have. The physician may know about the therapy and be able to advise on its safety, use, and effectiveness.
Current or former beneficiaries who are interested in applying for another grant may use the Renewal Application.