The Sandra J. Wing Healing Therapies Foundation provides $500 grants for complementary healing therapies while a patient is undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation treatment for cancer or shortly after completing treatment. Funds are paid directly to service providers, for the following five therapies: acupuncture, acupressure, therapeutic massage, guided/visual imagery, and deep breathing meditation.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Reside in Alameda County or Contra Costa County, California.
- Not have insurance that covers the full cost of the five therapies listed above.
- Have a cancer diagnosis.
- Be under the care of a physician for conventional cancer treatment.
- Be undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation treatment for cancer at the time of application or within the past 18 months.
- Provide a headshot photo.
- Submit an application form, obtain a physician’s signature, and return the completed form to the foundation.
A physician’s signature is required to complete the application process. While obtaining the physician’s signature, it is recommended that the applicant discuss the therapy he/she is considering and ask any questions he/she may have. The physician may know about the therapy and be able to advise on its safety, use, and effectiveness.
|Applicant Status||Application Guide||Application Form|
|New applicant||New Guide||New Application|
|Current beneficiary||Renewal Guide||Renewal Application|