The Sandra J. Wing Healing Therapies Foundation provides $500 grants for complementary therapies while a patient is under a chemotherapy and/or radiation treatment plan for cancer. Funds are paid directly to service providers, for the following five therapies: acupuncture, acupressure, therapeutic massage, guided/visual imagery, and deep breathing meditation.
To qualify, you must:
- Reside in Livermore, Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, or Danville, California.
- Not have medical insurance that covers the five therapies listed above.
- Have a cancer diagnosis.
- Be receiving conventional cancer treatment under the care of a physician.
- Be undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation treatment.
- Provide a headshot photo.
- Complete, sign, and return the application to the foundation.
The application form requires that the patient’s cancer treatment physician sign the document. While obtaining the physician’s signature, it is recommended that the patient discuss the therapy he/she is considering and ask any questions he/she may have. The physician may know about the therapy and be able to advise on its safety, use, and effectiveness.