The Sandra J. Wing Healing Therapies Foundation provides $500 grants for complementary therapies while a patient is under a chemotherapy and/or radiation treatment plan for cancer. Funds are paid directly to service providers, for the following five therapies: acupuncture, acupressure, therapeutic massage, guided/visual imagery, and deep breathing meditation.
To qualify you must:
- Be a resident in one of these California Tri-Valley cities: Pleasanton, Livermore, Dublin, San Ramon or Danville.
- Be under physician’s care.
- Be undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation treatment.
- Complete, sign and send back to the Foundation.
- Must not have insurance coverage for the five therapies listed above.
The application form requires that the patient’s cancer care physician sign the document. While obtaining the physician’s signature it is recommended that the patient discuss the therapy he/she is considering and ask any questions he/she may have. The physician may know about the therapy and be able to advise on its safety, use, and effectiveness.